PURPOSE: What we want students to be able to do.
KEEP IN MIND:
- Consider having a sub-heading added to this section (STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO….) to help mappers start their skill phrases.
- Writing skills in paragraph or narrative form might be difficult for you and others to quickly read and digest. Consider formatting skills:
- in short, verb-driven phrases
- with bullet points
- Content should reflect:
- processes, procedures, and skills the students will possess that will allow them to apply the knowledge they have gained.
- what students should be able to do with the content knowledge
- For larger units, or those that will extend over a longer period of time, consider documenting the skill pieces in the order you will teach them. This provides a more detailed structure of instruction that isn’t necessarily present on the unit calendar.
Curriculum Basics: Content and Skills