Indiana District Revitalization
The Indiana District Revitalization is a process which is:
- Doctrinally pure, soundly “Lutheran”, with a Law/Gospel emphasis.
- Accountable without setting aside the congregation’s bylaws.
- Pastor and Elders are trained and encouraged to hold each other mutually accountable.
- Repentance is taught and preached, leading to a Waltherian, “Day of Repentance and Prayer.”
- Has a Biblical and Confessional emphasis on Evangelism.
Re:Vitality – Lutheran Revitalization
The Office of National Mission is addressing the challenge of congregational decline through a comprehensive Revitalization initiative. In the language of 1 Corinthians 3:5-9, revitalization is centered on planting and watering in anticipation of God providing the growth. Read more on the LCMS website here.