The Lutheran SGO is celebrating its 10th Anniversary of Changing Lives through Scholarships with a contest for students K-12
Why Do I Love My School Contest
Eligibility: The contest is open to any student in grades K-12 that will be attending a school in our family of schools this fall.
Contest Topic: We want to know why students love their schools, and why having a choice of where they go to school is important. How has the school benefited them, their family, their future? Student work could focus on the location of the school, teachers, friends, favorite classes, or favorite subjects, or anything else… Be creative!
Entries can be one of the following:
- An essay in 150 words or less.
- A hand-drawn or digitally created picture.
- A still photo.
- A video.
- Any other art form that represents the topic.
Winners: One student each will be chosen from 4 grade groups (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12), with an overall winner also chosen.
- Each winner, their immediate household family members, AND their sponsoring teacher will win a trip to Indianapolis on January 24 to participate in the “Lutheran SGO Day” that includes reimbursement for travel, overnight stay, breakfast/lunch on the 24th, and a tour of the state capital building.
- Each winner will also receive a $50 gift card.
- Each sponsoring teacher of a winning student will also receive a $50 gift card.
Questions? Contact 10th Anniversary Committee member and Our Savior Lutheran School in Avon principal Amy Hedges. You can visit www.LutheranSGO.org/Share (or follow the QR code on the flyer!) to download a PDF to share with students and to submit entries.