PURPOSE: Selected standards support the unit, giving focus and direction to instruction and assessment
KEEP IN MIND:
- Use current state standards.
- If you are updating old standards within a curriculum map, please refer to the IN Dept of Education website for an easy-to-use standard correlation guide. http://www.doe.in.gov/standards
- Select standards that are truly tied to and will be assessed within the unit of study.
- Consider cross-curricular connections when aligning standards to units of study.
- IN Grades 3-8: Core Subject Standard rating explanation
- Check Plus = CRITICAL STANDARD (50-75% instructional time)
- Check = IMPORTANT STANDARD (25-50% instructional time)
- Check Minus = ADDITIONAL STANDARD (5-10% instructional time)
Curriculum Basics: Standards and Assessment