What is NLSA?
National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) serves as the accrediting body for Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod schools across the United States and the world. Continue reading here.
NLSA Resources for Schools & Early Childhood Centers
- NLSA Application
- School Resources such as…
- Administrator Manual for both ECE & Elementary
- Projected Timeline
- Self Study
- Survey Tools
- Power Practices Webinars
Schools facing extreme extenuating circumstances may request to be granted an Accreditation Extension for their NLSA application period or term of accreditation.
Indiana District Resources
- Indiana District Annual NLSA Annual Report Template for Early Childhood and K-8
- NLSA Submission-Checklist
- Early Childhood Accreditation Resources
- Directions: How to submit NLSA Reports
- Indiana District Schools Accredited by NLSA
All reports are due by May 15th to the Indiana District Office. Send to the attention of Amy Mews.
Indiana District Contacts
- NLSA Indiana Commissioner: Scott Schumacher
- NLSA Elementary Consultant North: Fred Weiss
- NLSA Elementary Consultant South: Carl Schulenburg
- NLSA Early Childhood Consultant: Kathy Frank
- District Education Executive: Dr. Kevin Brockberg
NLSA has partnerships with other accrediting agencies. Schools that are interested may have dual accreditation with the following agencies.
- AdvancEd Accreditation
- CCLS – Classical Lutheran Education
NLSA is recognized as valid K-12 school accreditation by the State of Indiana. The Indiana District Education Office is working to have it be recognized by the Indiana Office of Early Childhood.