What is NLSA?
National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) serves as the accrediting body for Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod schools across the United States and the world. Continue reading here.
NLSA Resources for Schools & Early Childhood Centers
- NLSA Application
- NLSA Standards and Indicators
- School Resources such as…
- Administrator Manual for both ECE & Elementary
- Projected Timeline
- Self Study
- Survey Tools
- Power Practices Webinars
Schools facing extreme extenuating circumstances may request to be granted an Accreditation Extension for their NLSA application period or term of accreditation.
Click here for Early Childhood Evidences & Resources for the Self Study
Indiana District Resources
- Indiana District Annual NLSA Annual Report Template for Early Childhood and K-8
- NLSA Submission-Checklist
- Directions: How to file NLSA Reports
All reports are due by May 15th to the Indiana District Office. Email to the attention of Education Office – Indiana District LCMS.
Indiana District Contacts
- NLSA Indiana Commissioner: Scott Schumacher
- NLSA Elementary Consultant North: Fred Weiss
- NLSA Elementary Consultant South: Carl Schulenburg
- NLSA Early Childhood Consultant: Kathy Frank
- District Education Executive: Dr. Kevin Brockberg
- Christian Education at Indiana District-LCMS: email@example.com
NLSA has partnerships with other accrediting agencies. Schools that are interested may have dual accreditation with the following agencies.
- Cognia Accreditation (AdvancED and Measured Progress)
- CCLS – Classical Lutheran Education
NLSA is recognized as valid K-12 school accreditation by the State of Indiana. The Indiana District Education Office is working to have it be recognized by the Indiana Office of Early Childhood.