Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these…men you have chosen… Acts. 1:24
Calling a Pastor in a time of pastoral vacancy is an involved process, following these basic steps.
- Contact your Circuit Visitor.
- Conduct a congregational self-study. The self-study is available from the District Office.
- Arrange a pre-call meeting with the District President and the Circuit Counselor.
- Receive names of potential pastoral candidates from congregational members.
- Submit pastoral candidate names to the District President.
- Receive call list from the District President through the Circuit Counselor.
- Conduct call meeting with the assistance of the Circuit Counselor.
- Complete call documents. Call documents are available on-line or by calling the District Office.
- Study Scripture and pray through the call process, placing all confidence in the Holy Spirit.