On Thursday, August 25, at 10:30 am CST which is (11:30 am EST), the LCMS is hosting a webinar on the The Impact of the FLSA’s New Overtime Regulations on Districts, Congregations and Schools.
The District is offering the opportunity, for anyone interested, to join us at the District Office Training Center Room for a group viewing of this Webinar.
No need to call ahead for reservations. Simply plan to arrive by 11:20 so that everyone can be seated and ready for the presentation.
Also, please know that once the LCMS releases a recording of this webinar, we will link to it on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact Ron Bleke at 1-260-423-1511, ext. 2202
The announcement of new overtime pay regulations going into effective December 1, 2016 has caused confusion and concern about how the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and overtime regulations apply to religious organizations and their employees. Attend this webinar to learn about your organization’s obligations and options under these new regulations.
Participants will learn:
- about the Fair Labor Standards Act and which entities are subject to the FLSA;
- the components of the new regulations and how they apply to districts, congregations, schools and other religious organizations;
- the applicability of the ministerial exception to the FLSA;
- the three tests for determining whether employees are exempt from the FLSA’s minimum wage and overtime requirements;
- options for employers to consider when responding to changes in salary levels under the new regulations;
- what entities should be doing to prepare for the December 1, 2016 effective date; and
- how these regulations can impact volunteer work performed by hourly employees.
- LCMS District Presidents
- LCMS District Business Managers
- LCMS Member Congregations and Ministers
- Officers and Principals of LCMS Member Congregations and their Schools
- Synod Agencies
If you plan to watch the webinar at the District Office, there is no need to register online or call ahead to the District. Simply make plans to arrive by 11:20.
If you plan to watch the webinar on your own, register online here.