LEA (Lutheran Education Association) annually considers nominees for awards that recognize educators for excellence in their respective ministries. Nominations are accepted only online from August to early October via forms that appear elsewhere on this page. Candidates are selected by peers or Board of Directors and LEA staff.
LEA selection committee will give priority to nominees who are synodically trained, colloquized, or currently involved in the Colloquy program. Nominees from all countries are eligible. A nominee must…
- be active both in the local as well as the Lutheran community.
- have a strong, demonstrated commitment to serve Jesus.
- have shown a commitment to excellence in meeting the social, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive needs of children, youth, adults, and/or families
There are 14 categories and the 2019 Awardee that have connections to the Indiana District are:
- Christus Magister goes to Stacy Hoeft, President of LSEM Luthean Special Educaiton Ministires
- Distinquished Lutheran Middle School Teacher goes to Jonathan Bolt, Central Lutheran School, New Haven IN
2020 LEA award nominations… Nomination details and online forms are now available in 14 categories
- Christus Magister
- Leader in Outreach
- Distinguished Lutheran Early Childhood Administrator
- Distinguished Lutheran Early Childhood Teacher
- Distinguished Lutheran Elementary Administrator
- Distinguished Lutheran Elementary Teacher
- Distinguished Lutheran Middle School Teacher
- Distinguished Lutheran Secondary Educator
- Distinguished Parish Educator
- Distinguished Retired Lutheran Educator “EncourAGING” Award
- Outstanding New Lutheran Early Childhood Teacher
- Outstanding New Lutheran Elementary Teacher
- Outstanding New Lutheran Middle School Teacher
- Outstanding New Lutheran Secondary Educator
Deadline for nominations is October 25.