Learn & Earn
Here’s an offer to learn about money management and earn some extra cash. The Ministerial Excellence Fund is expanding to include LCMS teachers, administrators, DCEs and all commissioned church workers as eligible for grants.
The first initiative, starting immediately and extending through 2016, is to support any individuals or couples to attend Dave’s Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (FPU).
It’s a nine session, video-based seminar, with 90-minute classes that meet once a week. The seminar focuses on personal finance management, getting out of debt, and making life-changing decisions about personal stewardship. Many classes start in January, a second round in the spring, more start in the summer, and another round begins in September. They are held at churches all over the United States, including many LCMS churches.
Here’s how you can participate in and benefit from this “FPU Initiative”.
- Visit www.daveramsey.com/fpu.
- Read for yourself on line about Dave Ramsey and Financial Peace University.
- Find a class in your community you’d be willing and able to attend.
- Send a note to email@example.com telling her your name(s), the location of the class you plan to attend, and the date of the first class.
- Jan will send you a voucher to sign. As soon as you return it, you’ll get a first check for $99.00 to cover the registration fee. The FPU fee covers an individual or a couple attending together.
- Attend 8 of the 9 classes.
- Send a second note to Jan, informing her that you completed your class, defined as attending at least eight of the nine sessions.
- You’ll receive a second check, this time for $51.00, as a bonus to cover any incidental costs you might have had while taking the class.
- Then, to quote Dave Ramsey, “Live like no one else so you can give like no one else.”
That’s it. You can receive a two-part award totaling $150 to LEARN and EARN. This offer is limited to the first 50 requests to take an FPU class sometime in 2016. This is an initiative of the Ministerial Excellence Fund (MEF) Steering Committee.
Questions? Contact MEF Manager Dave Ebeling (firstname.lastname@example.org / 812-322-6503) or Jan Koenig at the District office.