Click here for application
Below you will find information that is pertinent to applying for a scholarship from the Indiana District LWML Scholarship Fund.
2) FINANCIAL DATA FORM
3) HOME PASTOR’S LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
4) LETTER FROM ACADEMIC ADVISOR THAT INCLUDES STUDENT’S GPA & COLLEGE ACTIVITIES
5) PERSONAL LETTER FROM APPLICANT BRIEFLY EXPLAINING THEIR BACKGROUND AND GOALS.
Please complete the Application Form and the Financial Data Form and return these together with the Letter of Recommendation from your home pastor, Report of Academic Potential and Achievement, including grade point average, completed by an authorized representative of the last school you attended and the Personal Letter from the Applicant.
It is important to submit these five items together to prevent any application from being incomplete due to misplaced or lost information.
Submit completed application and supporting documents postmarked no later than March 20, 2021 to:
449 Beachfront Drive
Evansville, Indiana 47715
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be notified by June 2021 whether they will be receiving a scholarship for the 2021-2021 school term.
Thank you for your interest in the Indiana District LWML Scholarship Fund. Please remember the LWML and this fund in your prayers.
Yours in Christ,
LUTHERAN WOMEN’S MISSIONARY LEAGUE
- By Indiana District LWML Resolution, each scholarship to be allotted shall be in the amount of at least $500.00.
- Moneys for support shall be sent directly to the appropriate school administrator in charge of such funds and made payable to the school according to the number of terms per traditional school year.
- Students who are supported are expected to lead a Christian life and to be faithful in the pursuit of their studies.
- Students who discontinue their studies are expected to inform the Scholarship Committee Chairman of their action as soon as possible.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Applicant must be a communicant member of a congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod in the Indiana District for at least eighteen months prior to filing an application.
- Only such students shall receive scholarships that are preparing to be servants of the church on a full-time basis (ministry, teaching, parish work, DCE, Deaconess, etc.)
- Only students enrolling in an LCMS synodical school that will prepare them to be servants of the church on a full-time basis shall receive a scholarship.
- Only such students shall receive a scholarship as shall present a demonstrable need for such aid.
- Student shall have demonstrated a good scholastic aptitude in their previous school.
- Each student desiring a scholarship shall make an ANNUAL application.
- Applications are issued for a period of one year only. If future support is desired, a new application must be made. Requests for application forms shall be made by March 10 and completed application forms shall be received by the Scholarship Chairman, postmarked no later than March 20, for consideration for the following Fall term. Send completed forms to:
Darlene Moog, Scholarship Chairman,
449 Beachfront DriveEvansville, Indiana IN 47715
Home Phone #: 812-909-4910
- No application shall be considered unless the school of the prospective student has approved his/her enrollment.