Greetings and God’s peace through His Son is yours today.
I am extremely excited and overjoyed to pen this brief note about the Indiana District Curriculum Initiative that will begin in the winter of 2019. In a joint effort Julie Dietrich, Curriculum Consultant for the Indiana District and Alicia Levitt, Academic Excellence Coordinator for the Lutheran Schools Partnership, have assembled a great team of educators to engage and assist principals and teachers in curriculum that is specific to Lutheran schools. What a privilege it is for me to list that team:
- Wendi Lepley – Our Shepherd, Avon
- Sarah Weber – St. Peter’s, Columbus
- Taylor Haese – Ascension, Fort Wayne
- Angie Owen – Concordia Elementary, Fort Wayne
- Alicia Levitt – The Lutheran Schools Partnershp, Northeast Indiana
- Julie Dietrich – Indiana District-LCMS
As we move forward together in 2019, social studies will be the curricular piece developed and disseminated to all schools by the team. What an exciting initiative. What a tremendous team of educators to walk alongside principals and teachers throughout the Indiana District.
Dr. Jon Mielke