- This event has passed.
Indiana District Youth Gathering -IDYG 2019
November 22, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - November 24, 2019 @ 6:00 pm EST$40
We are continuing the pattern of service as a major component of the Gathering as well as using a local church as our host location this year:
- St John Lutheran on the southeast side of Indianapolis will host the event.
- The event is a week later than normal to try to include more youth who had conflicts with band and football.
- Churches can choose to stay one night or two to save lodging costs.
- Registration fee is just $40 per person no matter how many days you attend.
- Churches can choose to find their own alternate lodging. (Please don’t delay on this as there are several other events in Indy on the same weekend!)
The theme for this year is based on Hebrews 12:1-2 – “Together”. We want to remind youth that we are part of God’s family, the communion of saints of all times. Together with God’s help we serve together in His Kingdom. Our guest speaker is Dr. Jeff Mallinson from Concordia University, Irvine, CA. Dr. Mallinson is known for his “Virtue in the Wasteland” podcast and the “Crosswise Institute” for high school students. Some of you may have heard him speak at the National Youth Gathering! Music will be provided by Josh McCabe, an up-and-coming Christian worship leader. The event will include a variety of Bible studies, songs, captivating messages, fellowship, and service.
Churches may choose to come only on Friday evening through Saturday afternoon. This will include all of the service, the breakouts, and most of the speaker. Most churches will opt for the full weekend option and will also participate in an additional large group session, evening devotions, and Sunday morning worship. Refer to the included tentative schedule to see how the weekend will progress.
- The registration form for your group
- A medical/photo release form is needed for each participant
- A flyer about southeast Indianapolis, St. John, and some of our service sites and the hotel information
- Tentative schedule of events
Registration deadline is October 23, 2019. This ensures that we have enough work sites and supplies prepared. Please, remember to arrange your own lodging! Suggestions are found on the FLYER – PAGE 2
We are looking forward to being with you and your youth in November. You may check our website www.idyg.org for more information and additional copies of the PR material.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com.