PURPOSE: Questions or statements, based on unit big ideas, that give lasting value beyond the classroom
KEEP IN MIND:
- To provide clarity and a common mapping language, it’s worth a faculty conversation to collectively decide on one heading for this section. Will these be written as questions or statements? big ideas or I CAN statements? Without this clarity, mappers may be unsure and hesitant to proceed. (Headers can be edited.)
- Limit the number of questions or statements to a minimum.
- Focus on the big ideas of the unit that offer lasting value.
- Choose broad and open-ended questions or statements that will inspire students to raise up additional questions and new ideas.
- Write in kid-friendly language. Consider posting in classroom to lead, guide, and wrap up units of study.
Curriculum Basics: Essential Questions
Curriculum Basics: Enduring Understandings