We are sharing this employment opportunity, as this position will be spending a lot of time serving the Seminary in Fort Wayne (perhaps living in Fort Wayne OR St. Louis), while also having ties to the St. Louis Seminary.
At Concordia Plans we care for those who serve by providing excellent retirement, healthcare, and benefit services. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to combine their experience, talent, and passion as part of our team at Concordia Plans serving the workers of The Lutheran Church— Missouri Synod.
At Concordia Plans we are focused and flexible. Embracing the new normal, pioneering ways to continue to support work life balance in our family first culture. We offer competitive compensation with a benefit package, including a pension plan, 403(b), health insurance at no cost to the employee, and much more.
We have a job opening for a Financial Wellness Educator.
Working closely with the Seminary staff and primarily future pastors of the LCMS, this position will provide financial education and planning. The role will help build and grow relationships throughout the LCMS, but with focus on Concordia Theological Seminary in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Promoting financial life-cycle stewardship through seminars, presentations, and one-on-one relationships to encourage both financial stability and wellness among church workers. This will include financial planning and pre-retirement workshops and serving as an expert regarding the use of tools and resources for the purpose of financial wellness for church workers at all stages of ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration (or related) or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in related fields.
- Experience in personal finance and retirement planning preferred.
- Experience in public speaking required.
- Financially-related certification and/or a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation desirable.
- Experience in employee benefits, non-profit or faith-based organizations desirable.
- An active member in good standing of a Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod congregation is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the structure of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod and its related entities is preferred.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to reach out to CPS Human Resources, Lyn Cantwell at 314-996-1371 or Lyn.Cantwell@LCMS.org.