Something imprinted or printed, such as
- A mark or depression made by pressure
- An identifying name (as of a publisher) placed conspicuously on a product
- An indelible distinguishing effect or influence
The intent of this years’ Indiana District Administrators Conference corresponds to Webster’s three variants of the definition for “imprint”:
- How can this July 14 event leave a lasting mark on ECE directors busily preparing for the upcoming 2021-2022 academic year that is approaching all-too-soon?
- How will this expansion (of the former K-12 principals conference) assimilate ECE directors into the longstanding tradition at Brown County promote collegial relationships and Christian fellowship in a different setting?
- How deeply has COVID-19 left an indelible effect or influence on your Center, and equally essential, how deeply have you reflected upon the influence of the pandemic on … you?
Resilience through Christ
The principals of the Southern Region planned the program and activities under the theme, “Resilience through Christ.” Acting upon the collective responses gathered after the previous 2019 Summer Conference, the group selected a new site, placed a premium on fellowship and collegiality, expanded it to include ECE directors and emeriti, and further attended to the imprint of COVID on all of us as leaders.
Special ECE Directors Track on July 14, 10:30-4:00
Meet in Covington, Kentucky (Cincinnati River-Front) for worship with communion, afterwards lunch will be served in the beautiful Atrium of the Conference Center. The afternoon is planned around our previously successful Ed-Camp model of discussion topics, and this year we welcome directors of Lutheran Early Childhood Centersyou’re your very own Ed-Camp tracks for leading education for the young child. Registration for this one-day track is $50, and the Lutheran Church Extension Fund is underwriting the cost with 10 Scholarships; thanks LCEF for making this FREE for the first 10 to register! Use the coupon code “LCEFScholarship” when you register.
Topics: Social Emotional Learning for the Young Child,
Supervision of ECE Staff,
Marketing and Fundraising for Centers,
ECE Staffing, Recruitment, Job Descriptions.
July 14, 5:30pm-9:00pm
You are welcome to register for the entire two-day conference and stay overnight at the Embassy Suites. Dinner will be served at the nearby Hoffbrau Haus, and the SGO will provide beverages throughout the evening. While emeriti principals are invited to the entire Conference at no cost, ECE directors electing for this option pay full registration.
July 15, 8:00am-3:30pm
Following breakfast and devotions, Rev. Dave Fleming and Dr. Beverly Yahnke of Doxology will lead us through interactive sessions probing deeply into the imprint (THAT word again!) of COVID on our psyche and spirituality. Lunch is again served in the Atrium, and a special closing worship experience will send us home, into the 2021-22 academic year, and to a world grappling with issues for which Christ is the answer.
Registration link here: https://indianadistrictlcms.regfox.com/summer-administrators-conference