LCMS Communications has created a free, downloadable congregational media kit to assist churches in reaching out to their communities during Holy Week and Easter. The kit, which features the message that “God gives us a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus,” is designed to allow each parish to add its own information and details about Holy Week and Easter services.
The free media kit includes:
- A newspaper column about the significance of Holy Week and Easter, signed by LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, which can be submitted to the local newspaper.
- A how-to guide explaining the media kit resources and how to best use them.
- A newspaper ad for Holy Week and Easter to which the local parish may add its address, contact information and worship times.
- An image advertising Holy Week and Media kit features Easter theme Easter services ready-made for use in a Facebook ad.
- Seven shareable social media graphics for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (one for each week of Lent and one for Holy Week).
- A reproducible postcard that can be used to invite people to Holy Week and Easter services.
The theme of the media kit is drawn from 1 Peter 1:3: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
This new media kit, which features an Easter theme and graphics, is meant to be a companion to last year’s Holy Week media kit, which featured the theme, “Life and death are at stake.”
Both resources are available at lcms.org/worship-media-kits.