The Indiana District Early Childhood Cabinet was formed with the intention of providing additional support to the early childhood directors and teachers. Read more about their purpose, mission and responsibilities within the Indiana District.
The purpose of the Early Childhood Cabinet is to encourage and assist Lutheran early childhood directors and Christian educators in God’s Word and to enhance their efforts in providing quality Christian education to young children and families.
Representatives of the Early Childhood Cabinet are servants of Christ who assists the Indiana District in carrying out its mission. Specifically,
“The Mission of the Indiana District is to encourage and assist the Christian outreach and nurture of its congregations and other ministries”, with that mission in mind:
The Early Childhood Cabinet provides encouragement and assistance to the administrators, teachers, staff, students, and families of the fifty-four (54) free standing preschools and to the early childhood personnel in the forty-five (45) Lutheran elementary schools.
- Help plan the early childhood conference
- Be a source of support along with the education executive
- Offer collegiality and be a knowledge base for directors and teachers regionally
- Partner with the education executive in writing an early childhood curriculum
- Be available to gather twice yearly in Bible study, professional growth, and sharing of ideas or meet upon request of education executive
Current Cabinet Members
NW Cynthia Bishop, Little Lambs Learning Center, Highland IN
NE Barbara Bradtmueller, Peace Lutheran Preschools, Fort Wayne IN
CE Angie Singer, Zion Lutheran School, New Palestine IN
SO Rachel Stultz, Faith Lutheran Preschool & Christian Childcare, Bloomington IN
Kathy Frank, ECE Consultant for Indiana, Fort Wayne IN
Dr. Jon Mielke, Superintendent of Lutheran Schools, Indiana District