PURPOSE: The opportunities we provide students to demonstrate their understanding of unit content and skills they have acquired.
KEEP IN MIND:
- Assessments are:
- observable and measurable
- directly aligned to standards
- varied to address different learning styles
- List the assessments you will use to gather evidence of student learning.
- If an aligned standard will not be assessed, ask yourself if the standard is necessary to the unit.
- If an assessment isn’t naturally aligned to a standard, ask yourself if the assessment is necessary to the unit.
Curriculum Basics: Standards and Assessments