Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent/Executive Counselor of Christian Education
Nestled in downtown Fort Wayne, the office enterprise of the Indiana District encourages and assists multiple ministries of the Lutheran Church Missouri synod. Whether in our mission-minded congregations, accredited K-12 schools, licensed early childhood centers, and close-knit family ministries, our members know the Word, Work and Way of Jesus Christ. The District office team serves as a resource for the Christian outreach and nurture of its more than 250 congregations and ministries connected throughout Indiana and Northern Kentucky.
Become a part of the Indiana District Christian Education dynamic and promote award-wining programs recognized by National Lutheran School Accreditation, the Indiana Department of Education and the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Engage with congregations and schools seeking District assistance
- routine office function
- the roster of school employees
- synodical forms
- all communications with District personnel and Nichols Brand Stories
- church worker recognitions
- vouchers and monthly expense reports
- subscriptions to Atlas Rubicon
- call lists for open positions
- the District interface with the Indiana Department of Education (DOE)
- the training of administrators new to the DOE resources
- the filing of school reports
- NLSA Commissioner
- Congregational Services Assistants
- planning for District conferences
- positive image of the Indiana District
- affirming relationships with co-workers
This person should be a member of an LCMS congregation, reside or relocate to the Fort Wayne area, be detailed oriented, and familiar with Microsoft programs. To submit a resume or for more information contact your Indiana District office (260-423-1511 or email@example.com). The deadline for applications is November 1, 2019.